Thank you for visiting the Lower Micklin Touring Park website. We are a small caravan park just ½ mile outside the village of Alton in rural Staffordshire.
We have 30 well spaced pitches (17 hard standing, 4 Super Grass and 9 grass) all with electric hook-up, set in a 2 acre field surrounded by further fields and with a fantastic view of the Weaver Hills and the southern end of the Peak District.
In addition to the adrenalin filled Alton Towers (2 miles) there is great walking, cycling and pub visiting in the Churnet Valley for those who are looking for more gentle activities.
LOO OF THE YEAR 2017 We are delighted to have received a Gold Award for this year.
Free Late Check Out Enjoy your last day in full at Lower Micklin and leave going home until later in the day. Free late check out until 5.00 pm on Sundays in September. Simply enter 'Free Late Check Out' required in the 'Special Request' box on the booking page.
Bus Service to Alton Towers returns Great News - The bus service to Alton Towers is coming back and it is still only £1.00 return!. Leave your car at Lower Micklin and avoid the traffic, the £6.00 parking fee and the long walk / wait for the monorail back to the car park.
Alternatively send your teenagers off on the bus and stay in bed!
Remember to book in advance. 01335 342951
This service is provided by Ashbourne Community Transport. 01335 342951
- Spacious family bathroom
- heated toilet & shower facilities
- All pitches with electric hook up
- play area with swings & slide
- 1km walking / jogging path
- Undercover washing-up sinks
- ball field with goal posts
- We welcome families with children and provide a large family bathroom, children's play area and separate ball field.
- Well behaved and controlled dogs are welcome to make use of the 1km walking and jogging track around the perimeter of the property.
- Charges are simply £18-£20 per pitch per night including two adults and electricity. Extra people are £5.00 per night (Under 5's are free) No extras for awnings, extra cars or dogs.
- No.1 place to take your motorhome according to Family Traveller
Follow us on Facebook
Childrens Play area with slide & swings
Site suitable for both Tents & Caravans
New (2012) heated toilet & shower facilities.
|Looking for Cottage Accommodation?
Then please visit our holiday cottage website.
If you wish to contact us please call 07824 385138 or go to the Contact us page